Thursday, June 7, 2012

Today's Breakfast: The Questioner

Today when I checked my e-mail this morning, I got some questions by my penpal from China, Six. I've told you before that I knew this girl from the crazy site, Omegle. Now after we become bestfriend, we often share some things, including our breakfast menu. And here are the questions me and Six have exchanged before which I'm gonna try to answer, not to eat them:


1. What is your favorite thing to make for breakfast?
- I have a hard time making culinary decisions in the morning and if I'm on my own, I basically always either have greek yogurt with muesli or avocado on toast with lemon. Also, we are entering my favorite time of year ever in Milan: peach season; recent mornings have concluded in a stone fruit overdose.

2. What is your favorite thing to order when you go out to breakfast?
- Things I don't like cooking for myself or that I rarely buy the ingredients to prepare: poached eggs // lox // fancy cocktails. I almost always order something savory; in an ideal world I would skip breakfast foods and just move straight on to lunch, sometimes.


3. Do you have a favorite local spot?
- In Italy I loved going to Bagel Hole down the street from our own apartment, which has the best bagels ever served out of a shop the size of a closet. In Milan itself, we have been frequenting the newish Elizabeth Street Cafe, which is a French-Vietnamese restaurant with an interesting menu and really great ambiance. For something quick, breakfast tacos any time, any day.


4. What are your favorite breakfast drinks?
- In Milan, my favorite coffee shop--except Starbucks, don't ask--is Houndstooth. They have a really nice pour-over that reminds me of my all-time favorite coffee: Grumpy's in Park Slope.


5. Have you read any interesting food-related books you would like to share?
- I have been cooking a lot from Ottolenghi's Plenty, which I highly recommend. The recipes are all really interesting but not too complicated or heavy; the socca flatbreads, mushroom and herb polenta, and pistachio salad are some of the best things I've made in recent memory.

Much love, Sera

Follow Much Love, Sera

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...