Saturday, April 28, 2012

I'm Not A Kind of God...

"Where have you been?" you ask. Where have I NOT been. Wait for it... Yep, here's my oft-repeated quote: "I know it's been a while since my last post, BUT..." Seriously, I've been everywhere but home, it seems, these past few weeks. Here's a brief recap...

March 14-16 - Work (keep in mind, this means leaving the house at 5:40am and getting home, after working out, at 9:40pm).
March 17 - Depart in Milan for a friend's wedding shoot.
March 17-21 - In Milan for the wedding.
March 21 - Go straight from airport to work.
March 21-24 - Work.
March 24 - Go straight from work to airport.
March 25-April 4 - Barcelona to have a great getaway trip with Elena and Eun Rae, (and suddenly met my old-time childhood friend, Denali!)
April 4 - Go straight from airport to work (again).
April 4-5 - Work.
April 6 - Elena and Eun Rae back to work again, unpack from Barcelona, pack for next trip.
April 7 - Depart for Lunar Lake reunion with my journalist team.
April 7-14 - Lunar Lake reunion in California.
April 15-17 - Work.
April 18-20 - Visit some clients and friend up in Idaho Falls.
April 21 - Afternoon at Starbucks.
April 22 - Elena came and accompany me to visit her sister in Vegas.
April 22-24 - Work.

Phew! Tired yet? I sure am! But hopefully my blog absence is a little more justified now (although no more cared about). But lest another month go by without a photography post, I thought I would deliver on my promise to show the difference between a polarized and a non-polarized image.


This first picture was taken WITHOUT a polarizer on the lens. Well, actually, the polarizer WAS on the lens, but it was rotated to eliminate it's effect. Notice how there's very little color saturation and notice how strong the reflection is in the pond. When the polarizer is rotated like this, it allows and possibly slightly increases reflections.


And here's the picture with the polarizer ON and rotated to eliminate/reduce the reflections. Seriously, that's all that was done, I didn't go in on the computer afterwards and increase the color saturation. The only difference between these two pictures is one had the polarizing filter rotated to permit/increase reflections, and the other rotated to eliminate/decrease reflections. And since the polarizer reduces the amount of light passing through, the polarized image is also one or two-thirds stops brighter. I know, boring, but now you know (and still don't care). Hopefully I'll have more for you later!

Much love, Sera

Follow Much Love, Sera

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...