Wednesday, May 16, 2012

To Be Afraid


I didn't really want to do this post because that would mean I would actually have to think about these things and my feelings about them. Not to mention then posting it for the world to see. But here we go:

1. I am a very shy person. This has gotten much better over the years but I am still sometimes painfully shy. I've tried to improve because I do feel that it holds me back sometimes. So this is a work in progress.
2. I am extremely self-conscious. This kind of relates to the first one. I guess you would be a bit surprised seeing how I take photos of myself and put them on the Internet for everyone to see. This is why it took me 2 years to work up the courage to start this blog.
3. I am terrified of being a failure. I am in no way a slacker. Anyone who knows me in real life will tell you that I work hard in everything I do. And one reason for that is my fear of failing in life and everything in general. I know it's alright to make mistakes in life and that's how we learn but I still take it so hard every time. It is so difficult for me to get over a mistake I've made no matter how small it is. Sometimes it takes me years to finally be ok with a mistake.
4. I can be very sensitive. This can make things very difficult. I am constantly thinking of how other people feel right after I've said something to them. I am very aware of those around me and how they make me feel and vice versa. Can we say emotional overload? I don't even know if this is something that can be helped or changed but this is how I am.
5. I can be very jealous sometimes. I know this is a horrible trait and I usually catch myself and stop it but not always. I look at my friends who are successful and already where they want to be, especially those in a more famous fashion magazines. And then think about how I haven't been there yet and it's taking me too long to get there. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for them but it can be very difficult not to let the green monster out. This one kind of goes with my third point.

There you have it! This was the hardest post I've ever had to do. I do hope however that this inspires you to do the same :) ♥

PS: Outfit post right after this, promise!

Much love, Sera

Follow Much Love, Sera

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...